My experience includes:
Arts, culture & sport
– Royal Society of Sculptors: Overseeing renaming and rebranding, plus drafting and delivering marketing strategy to raise awareness and attract new audiences.
– NYMAZ: Managing the marketing strategy and delivery for this forward-thinking youth music charity since 2011 – including branding, advocacy campaigns, social media and PR.
– Welsh Triathlon: Running a PR and social media training session plus mentoring regarding future marketing activity (with Jane Thomas PR).
– Wales Sports Awards: Interviewing community finalists and writing appealing profiles which will help generate media coverage (with Jane Thomas PR).
– Fair Education Alliance: Copywriting the executive summary for the Alliance’s inaugral Report Card which outlines the state of educational inequality in the UK.
Museums & heritage
– British Museum: Working closely with the education team to enhance their brand and communications. Included a bespoke workshop and development of brand values.
– Petersfield Museum, South Downs: Leading a workshop with their trustees to enable better articulation of the museum’s vision for the future.
– Hartlebury Castle, Worcestershire: Writing the marketing plan which was included in their Heritage Lottery Fund bid.
– Gunnersbury Park Museum, London:Drafting a three-year marketing strategy and action plan to support the Museum’s successful Heritage Lottery Fund bid, plus training session on marketing and PR.
– Bexley Heritage Trust, London: Drafting and delivering the marketing plan for the Trust’s two historic houses (Hall Place & Danson House) including new visitor collateral and travel trade campaign.
– Barking & Dagenham Council: Mentoring project with the heritage services department, focused on improving marketing knowledge and skills.
– Florence Nightingale Museum, London: Managing the marketing and PR launch of the refurbished museum.
Destination marketing & tourism
– Gwynedd County Council: Developing the marketing plan for Caernarfon, a Tourism Attractor Destination selected by Visit Wales to receive significant funding.
– Visit Cornwall: Running a workshop to help identify and prioritise secondary target markets.
– South East Wales: Analysing the destination marketing activities of South East Wales’ 10 councils and recommending methods of better delivering collaborative work in the future.
– Eaton Manor Country Estate: Running workshops with this provider of luxury holiday cottages to enable them to gain clearer insight into their target markets identify brand values and agree a visual direction for the company.
– One Historic Garden: Developing the brand and marketing materials for this collection of seven parks, gardens and woodlands in order to raise awareness and visitor numbers. Activity included development of new visitor collateral and advertising plus a travel trade campaign.
– Churncote Farm Shop & Butchery: Creating a new brand, visitor signage and promotional literature.
– Wyevale Nurseries: Conducting competitor research and generating creative ideas.
– Chester West & Cheshire Council: Leading on the creation of public consultation materials, including a leaflet and exhibition panels, regarding the £300 million Northgate leisure and retail development scheme.
– Jubilee Gardens, London: Developing the consultation strategy, conducting baseline research to ascertain local usage and requirements, creating a project identity and informative marketing materials, managing liaison with local stakeholders, staging high attendance exhibitions and events, running the press office.